Premises liability cases (also commonly referred to as "slip and falls") are extremely complex cases that require the attention of an attorney experienced in handling such claims, such as The Law Offices of Mark Dean.
Having worked for an insurance company for over four years defending these types of cases, and now as a successful personal injury attorney representing those who have been injured, Managing Attorney Mark Dean cautions:
"It is vitally important that those suffering injuries as a result of improperly maintained or managed property immediately seek the services of an attorney experienced in handling these types of cases. Insurance companies defend these cases aggressively because there is sometimes the perception that the victim has some fault in these cases. These cases must be aggressively prosecuted by the injured person in order for the insurance company to take the claim seriously."
Landowners and property managers have a duty to maintain the property so it is safe. Examples of premises liability cases include:
- Unbalanced or poorly maintained pavement and floors
- Failing to clear walkways of ice and snow
- Slippery floors (due to waxing, spills or recent mopping)
- Failing to provide security on property that leads to injury at the hands of a third party.
- Failing to control animals on the property
- Accidents or deaths at construction sites
If you or a family member has been injured in a slip and fall, trip and fall, or premises liability accident, call us at (314) 675-0000 for a free consultation.
SERVING METRO ST. LOUIS & ILLINOIS
12747 Olive Blvd, Ste. 300
St. Louis, MO 63141